Welcome to College for Kids!
Online registration is now open!
CFK offers two 2-week sessions that run Monday-Thursday:
- Session I: Monday, June 11 – Thursday, June 21, 2018 / 1:30-4:30 pm
Register for Session I of College for Kids - deadline is June 6, 2018!
- Session II: Monday, July 2 – Thursday, July 12, 2018 (no program July 4) / 1:00-4:30
Register for Session II of College for Kids - deadline is June 27, 2018!
College for Kids (CFK) presents stimulating, challenging enrichment experiences for students. Eligible students are those who are entering grades 5–9 in the Fall and meet one of the following criteria:
- Have been identified gifted or talented
- Have a B or a 3 average or higher in academic course work and acceptable citizenship grades
- Have submitted a Teacher Recommendation Form completed by the student's teacher, in which eligibility will be confirmed after CFK staff reviews the recommendation.
Proof of Eligibility
- Returning CFK students do not need to provide proof of eligibility.
- GATE students of the Chula Vista Elementary School District and Sweetwater Union High School district do not need to provide proof of eligibility.
- New CFK students (who are not identified as GATE through CVESD or Sweetwater Union) must provide their proof of eligibility to the College for Kids office. Acceptable documents include a GATE confirmation letter from the student’s school or the most recent report card reflecting a B or 3 average. Proof of eligibility can be emailed to SWCCollege4Kids@swccd.edu or faxed to (619) 482-6402.
- Students who are not identified as GATE or do not meet the B or 3 average requirement, can be recommended into the program by their teacher utilizing the Teacher Recommendation form.